Subject: Jebb Ave estate property management - 4 quotes for review
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "'JAMC JEBB AVE management'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 23:04:44 -0000

All

We now have four quotes from prospective management companies. Have
attempted to summarise below but have also attached additional detail e.g.
draft management agreements. Strangford’s proposal is at the following link:
Proposal from Strangford Management Ltd (betterproposals.io)
<https://betterproposals.io/proposal/index?ProposalID=IEyXySIYbsUR0Ykj0OsH4g
K-kikNhsrIJ2Un_CsHixU&ContactID=JzuK1OpbqLhM8TdiB_9SfKN72XCr0pUpR1f8lRTFSV0#
page-2142412> 

I have no doubt that we’ll have more questions (have already noted some in
red below) but suggest we review as a group, consolidate questions and then
go back at once. 

Also, you will note that I’ve gone back to Whizz Estates to ask for our
contract with them and our release terms from that contract. Slightly
embarrassing to have to ask for it.

	
BlocNet

InBlock

MIH

Strangford

Fee structures

Total: ~£15,150/yr + VAT
(£260/flat/yr) + company secretarial (£395/yr) + bank account administration
(£195/yr)

Total: ~£14,000 - £16,800/yr + VAT
(£250-£300/flat/yr) - company secretarial and bank account management
included

Total: £16,800/yr + VAT
(£300/flat/yr) - company secretarial and bank account management included

Total: £25,200/yr + VAT
(£8.65 + VAT per unit, per week based on 56 units)
Includes all financial management, secretarial AND major works management

Capital works management / contractor management

- Fees:  4% of the contract sum (potentially some flex given scale of work
required). Surveying fees additional - estimated 8-10% of works.
- No additional fee for obtaining comparable quotations
- Gave detailed description of how they would manage the process including
suggestions of best time of year for conducting major works
- Manage end-to-end process on behalf of committee from leaseholder
engagement to job spec to quoting to contractor management to construction
management to payment
- Not associated to any contractor companies but have list of preferred and
trusted contractors
- Happy to use JAMC preferred or recommended contractors

- Can set approval thresh-hold and have final say on approved contractors

- Fees: Sliding scale basis for works of different costs - Less than £10,000
10% (Min £750), £10,000 - £35,000 7.5% (Min £1000), £35,000 + 5% (Min £2000)
- £50 fee per quote (at agents discretion) to be charged - if part of
section 20 with work proceeding in 12 months, wouldn't be charged
- Should a surveyor be appointed to draw up the specification, obtain the
quotes and oversee and sign of the works, our fee will be capped at £500
plus VAT for the administrative and financial aspects only of the process.  
- Manage end-to-end process on behalf of committee from leaseholder
engagement to job spec to quoting to contractor management to construction
management to payment
- Not associated to any contractor companies but have list of preferred and
trusted contractors
- Happy to use JAMC preferred or recommended contractors

- Can set approval thresh-hold and have final say on approved contractors

- Fees: 2.5% - 3.5% for works requiring a surveyor, depending on the overall
cost. If no surveyor, they charge 10%. 
- Manage end-to-end process on behalf of committee from leaseholder
engagement to job spec to quoting to contractor management to construction
management to payment
- Not associated to any contractor companies but have list of preferred and
trusted contractors
- Happy to use JAMC preferred or recommended contractors

- Can set approval thresh-hold and have final say on approved contractors

- Fees: no additional management fees for major works management. All
included in fees.
- Manage end-to-end process on behalf of committee from leaseholder
engagement to job spec to quoting to contractor management to construction
management to payment
- Not associated to any contractor companies but have list of preferred and
trusted contractors
- Happy to use JAMC preferred or recommended contractors

- Can set approval thresh-hold and have final say on approved contractors

Leaseholder / resident engagement

- Online portal for leaseholders to access budget information, monthly
payments etc
- Leaseholders can also use online portal to raise a ticket (either personal
or as a block) for general maintenance requests which is then visible to all
leaseholders. SLA for response to request is 4hours. 

- Soon to roll out new maintenance software with online facility, which
allows owners, tenants to report a maintenance issue directly to us. 

- Provide reasonable management information to the leaseholders
- Deal with day to day lessee issues
- TBC the channel(s) through which leaseholders and residents can engage the
management co. 

- Online portal providing Leaseholders with access Financial, Repairs and
Maintenance updates and day-to-day updates (e.g. rubbish collection)
- Assume online portal is also available to residents i.e. to raise and
track maintenance requests?

Legal services

- Access to Legal Services with additional charges over and above standard
annual charge.
- If Legal Services required in relation to arrears management, costs to be
charged to leaseholder

- Access to Legal Services with additional charges over and above standard
annual charge.
- If Legal Services required in relation to arrears management, costs to be
charged to leaseholder

- Access to Legal Services with additional charges over and above standard
annual charge.
- If Legal Services required in relation to arrears management, costs to be
charged to leaseholder

- Access to Legal Services with additional charges over and above standard
annual charge.
- If Legal Services required in relation to arrears management, costs to be
charged to leaseholder

Accounting services

- Manage regular payments to suppliers, manage service charges etc but would
engage accountant to audit accounts and produce annual financial statements
(~£450/yr)

- Manage regular payments to suppliers, manage service charges etc but would
engage accountant to audit accounts and produce annual financial statements
(~£XXX/yr)

- Collect and account for service charge and deal with bank account, deal
with payments
- Provide information to accountants prior to the preparation of annual
service charge accounts.' (~£XXX/yr)

- Collect and account for service charge and deal with bank account, deal
with payments
- Do they do the accounts themselves or engage independent accountants at a
fee?

Engagement to date

Recommended when looking at development proposal. Personable and easy. Calls
over Zoom with both property management director and associated surveyor.
Provided the least detail in their proposal – have gone back to ask for a
draft management agreement.

Found from Google search. Engagement has been over the phone. Easy to talk
to but not as personable as BlocNet.

Found from Google search. Engagement has been over the phone. 

Found from Google search. Only company to come out for a sight visit. Good
to talk to when they visited but took several months to respond with quote
after several chasers.

RICS regulated

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

References provided

Yes

No

No

Yes

 

Subject: RE: Block / Estate Management
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:55:01 -0000

Dear Guy 

Thank you for your time over the phone last week, I feel I have a good understanding of your situation and your management requirements going forward.

For us to provide the full management services I feel you require, our fee would range from £250 - £300 plus VAT per unit, per annum.

In addition to what we discussed, 

Dedicated client account will be opened in your company name and quarterly financial reports sent. Please see example attached. 
I would recommend quarterly site inspections. Please see draft attached. Soon to be rolling our new maintenance software with online facility, which allows owners, tenants to report a maintenance issue directly to us. 
Our additional fees are shown on page 11 &12 of the attached draft management agreement, the majority of these will apply the individual owner, should the company incur any additional fees, you will be notified prior to being charged.  
Finally we are not linked to any one contractor and do not mark up the works, we are also happy to use any contractors you recommend.
Regulated by RICS
Company Secretary fee is included within our fee. 

I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss our services in more detail to your fellow owners and answer any questions they may have. I am happy to host via Zoom and have availability next week if this may be of interest. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Robert

Robert Tuke | Director
Phone: 02030 111 777
Email: [email-masked]
Website:  www.InBlock.co.uk 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 20 November 2021 12:14
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Block / Estate Management 

Hi Robert

Firstly apologies for my delayed response. Secondly, thanks for your interest. 

Could we find a 30min slot post 14:00 this coming Tuesday 23/11 to discuss?

Cheers
Guy
JAMC

Sent from my iPhone

> On 9 Nov 2021, at 13:19, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Dear Leonard & Guy, 
> 
> Thank you for your email, 
> 
> We would be very keen to discuss your management requirements, please let me know a suitable time and contact number for me to call to get a understanding of your needs. 
> 
> I look forward to hearing from you. 
> 
> Kind Regards
> Robert
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Leonard Vucinic <[email-masked]> 
> Sent: 08 November 2021 18:20
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Block / Estate Management 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> We, Jebb Avenue Management Co. Ltd, are considering employing a block management company who will be dealing with all aspects of the management of Jebb Avenue Estate, SW2.
> 
> Please get in touch with our chairman Mr Guy Crotty at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  to discuss and arrange a visit.
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> Leonard Vučinić
> Officer
> Jebb Avenue Management Committee
> London SW2 5XL
> 07771723939
> 
> 
>